Sonic Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turn Order
WIP
Latest topics
» SSWiki Page Dump
Watchers in the Jungle EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:09 pm by Turbo

» Wikia Entries
Watchers in the Jungle EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm by Turbo

» Archieness
Watchers in the Jungle EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:53 pm by Turbo

» WE HAZ COOKIEZ
Watchers in the Jungle EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:53 am by Turbo

» Hi There!
Watchers in the Jungle EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:07 pm by Turbo

» Being MIA and Stuff
Watchers in the Jungle EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:52 pm by Knuckles the Echidna

» Numerology and Character Personalities
Watchers in the Jungle EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:04 am by Knuckles the Echidna

» Forum Debate
Watchers in the Jungle EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:45 am by Turbo

» The Intercessory
Watchers in the Jungle EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:12 pm by Turbo

Wikia Entries

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 pm by Turbo

To Edit:
-Locke
-Dr. Moreau
-Negative Egon
-Dr. Smoke
-Menthor
-Julie-Su

Comments: 0

Poll

Who should be part of the Chalice?

Watchers in the Jungle I_vote_lcap29%Watchers in the Jungle I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Watchers in the Jungle I_vote_lcap29%Watchers in the Jungle I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Watchers in the Jungle I_vote_lcap0%Watchers in the Jungle I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Watchers in the Jungle I_vote_lcap14%Watchers in the Jungle I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Watchers in the Jungle I_vote_lcap14%Watchers in the Jungle I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Affiliates
Mirrored Mobius
Sonic Story
Crossed Off 2.0
Sonic Darkness
Return2Mobius

Watchers in the Jungle

4 posters

Go down

Watchers in the Jungle Empty Watchers in the Jungle

Post  Turbo Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:07 pm

Dr. Zachary had been hiding on the Floating Island ever since he had escaped from the horrible imprisonment inflicted by a vengeful Knuckles. Since he had hijacked the security terminals and the Guardian droids, Knuckles had no way of knowing where exactly he was located. The most likely region for his hideout was the Mushroom Hill Zone, since its unusual... forestation allowed it to evade satellite. Additionally, since less than 10% of the island was hooked up to security feed, if by some grace of a divine power Knuckles managed to get it all hooked back up again, he wouldn't be likely to catch him on film.

The only way to find him, assuming he was still on the island, was on foot. This is how Knuckles found himself looking for the elusive echidna in the sweltering jungles. Only the albino had the knowledge that he needed.

(Players: Knuckles, Dr. Zachary)
Turbo
Turbo
Admin

https://sonicsociety.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Watchers in the Jungle Empty Re: Watchers in the Jungle

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:37 pm

A mittened hand passed across a furrowed brow, and Knuckles trudged his way through the jungle. He wasn't being too quiet about it, though he had tried to be, at the start. Now, tired and pissed off, he just wanted to find the albino as quickly as possible so he could give 'm a piece of his mind!!! A- And a knuckle sandwich too!!!

He glowered. Mushroom Hill Zone was a no-go. Zachary had definitely passed that way, shown by the blood on the ground and the not-so-sneaky shoe treads... oh, and all those damaged mushrooms. The trail led into the jungle though, and that was where the trouble was. The dense jungle foliage obscured a lot of the light, so it was difficult to see, and the thick vines were a major obstacle to seriously makin' tracks. Not to mention the... uh... water hazards...

Knuckles narrowly avoided what appeared to be some sort of feral leopard a few hours back, and while he knew most of the island, and all its traps (placed by him, of course), he was startin' to get concerned for his own safety. The guy, after all, seemed to know the island better than he did, like when he unleashed the Guardian robots... This was impossible though, since Knuckles was, for the longest time, the only resident on the island. The, uh, other guys kind of... died off a little. Not that he remembered, but his gaping hole of a past was not something that needed much discussion when he should be looking for the mook...

White flesh shouldn't be that difficult to spot, and as far as he knew, Zachary was still wounded, with a further disability in that Knuckles took out his robotic arm. Climbing things was out of Zacky's options at the moment. Knuckles couldn't figure out how it was that the doctor went from non-sneaky to completely disappeared as soon as the last direct light went away.

Chaos, he hoped he'd find him soon...

(OOC: Juuuuuuus' waitin' for a jump attack, my whitey~)
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Zachary Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:44 pm

He crouched in his little hole and shivered, hoping, praying that Knuckles wouldn't find him. The stress was too much for him, hiding in this jungle. He was a scientist, a genius, not a commando. He was scratched and bloody and hurt, and his arm was gone - his good one too, not that useless little natural one that couldn't shoot chaos energy from it - and here he was, curled up in this miserable little hole that he had dug so that he wouldn't be caught -

Rustle. Something just rustled up there I know I heard it. Ohgawd they're up there ghosts are up there they're going to eat me they're stalking me why why I can't deal with this ohgawd they're coming for me the ghosts are coming for me-

Wait. Ghosts don't rustle. It was probably just an animal, like the crocodiles in the water, or the giant snakes that always pretend to be vines and then eat you. Calm down. Be smart. Besides. Vichama would protect him, of course. He was faithful to his god. Vichama would protect the faithful -

Ohgawd I haven't given sacrifice in three days because of Knuckles. Ohgawd ohgawd I'm going to die I just know it Vichama sent ghosts he's displeased he's going to kill me why Vichama why do you hate me I love you I worship you ohgawd the ghosts are coming I hear them they're going to find me and eat me they smell me they're going to eat me and all that'll be left is my little robotic bits for the snakes to eat and hork up again ohgawd ohgawd I don't want to die noooooooooooooooo

He shivered. The thick foliage was making it so dark outside. He curled up tighter, waiting for day to pass and the trail to grow cold, praying now that the ghosts and vampire bats wouldn't get him before Knuckles did. It was going to be a long night.

(OOC: Don't mind me or the bad grammar in the italics. I'm just having a nervous breakdown in my hole here~)
Dr. Zachary
Dr. Zachary
Peon

Location : Hiding in a hole (not telling where ghosts'll get me)

Back to top Go down

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:24 pm

It was possible that Zachary had done the sensible thing and jungle-camoflaged himself to blend in. White fur just as easily meant a blank slate, easy to dirty up with soil and plant sap. He had to take that into consideration, though, y'know, thinking wasn't exactly the most pressing of matters to him. More of exactly what he would do when he found that lousy whitey. And that meant pummelling and pounding away until he finally felt cleaaaan.

This guy was responsible for tricking him, after all. Worming his way into the Emerald Chamber and his trust. Lying about so many things, posing a direct threat to his island and everything on it, keeping so many secrets away from him....

Way he saw it, if Tikal was around, and Zachary was around, there was a good chance that there were other echidnas around. This Zachary popped out of nowhere. That didn't just happen. And for some sort of freakish discolor like him, there had to be a significant population around to support it and pop it out. Nothing colored like that just survived about the jungle so easily.

That was what was stumping him so much about Zachary's location. If he was from the jungle, then he was some sort of mega-miracle, who was still impossibly inept and old to have survived. If he was not, then how was he hiding so thoroughly. He was left with only questions. Should Zachary move, he'd find him...

(OOC: Stop quaking and do somethin'!)
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Zachary Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:03 am

He shuddered. He couldn't take it anymore. The paranoia was killing him, slowly, in this little hole in the ground. It was more likely that he'd be found eventually, in this hidey-hole, than getting caught trying to make a break for it. He knew Knuckles wouldn't give up that easily. There was always a slim chance that he could get away, get off the island and back to the city, before Knuckles caught him. So that's what he'd do. He'd run for it.

He poked his head out of the hole, glanced around, and dropped back in the hole. He didn't see anything, thank Vic- well, thank anyone, really. He poked his head out again, dropped back. Still nothing. After a few seconds, he bolted out of the hole, clambering with his tiny useless arm to pull himself out. He rolled over the edge, breathing heavily. He was in no shape to be gallivanting around the jungle. But now was not the time to pause.

No, now was the time to continue running. If he stayed here, who knows what horrible beasties could - and would - catch him? Knuckles, for one, and the vampire bats, and he heard there was some sort of monster on the island... some sort of leopard-y creature. Best not to find out if the rumors were true. He got up, looked around, and started jogging in a direction which he knew would eventually lead him to the city. That is - if he didn't get eaten first...

(OOC: Still quaking, just moving now... After all, angry red guardian with spikes on fists is coming after me...)
Dr. Zachary
Dr. Zachary
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Knuckles the Echidna Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Knuckles heard a faint crackling noise, certain that it couldn't be a natural predator. He raced through the jungle, crashing through bushes, hot on the other's trail. His legs were practically a spinning blur, red and gold and green, and to him, the jungle was all a wash of green, different shades. He was still able to notice the small details - broken branches, metal footprints...

And then he found the hole in the ground... the end of the trail. A few choice words were spat out, and he surveyed the area. Was the trail really cold? Zachary couldn't have gotten away... He punched a tree in his irritation, a few leaves fluttering down gracefully. NO! There had to be something!!! It was a stray twig that caught his attention, in a direction that he was vaguely certain lead to the inhabitable Volcano zones...

He glanced up, and in the leafy canopy was that same creature that wanted to eat him earlier... another one of those unendowed animals that had gotten mutated into something more beastly by Robotnik's toxic sludge, probably. How it had gotten onto the Island was another matter, but he could sure kick it off, if needed. It was given another half-arsed wave, and then he took off after his own prey.
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Traconian Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:41 pm

The two 'squid creatures' might be less than unnerved when their own fears and unease be realized when they had caught the faintest flashes of splotched fur. From soft tans to deep browns to blinding white, splotched with predatorial markings that of a leopard. The thing that usually scared the locals was this 'beasts' blazing red eyes...reflecting a far more deadly danger that not even the gaze of the great Shadow the hedgehog can rival. A constant blaze that captivated victims and those that catch the faintest glimpse of it. The tales of this thing having cropped up in only recent months...with several deaths marking it's appearance to a ghostly cackling of a hyena in the darker hours.

Never has anyone got a solid glimpse of it...well...only those that now rested within the creature's belly. Bones...left of their existence. And now...now there was that very creature tailing the 'prey...and hunter' both, possibly about to turn into it's prey. If they were to be so unlucky. Knuckles likely the luckiest of echidna's on the island to have numerous encounters and never having to actually lost his life, or left unscarred. Maybe he was just a plaything...

But even the mighty guardian would just cast the smallest of glimpses and of course, due to his headstrong nature...would just shake off it's faint appearances. Maybe claim it to be a simple ghost in those moments where something seemed to be there...then gone the next. A trick of the eyes. Even now he had gotten only a simple glimpse...their gazes had locked and the second his eyes had parted from it and return to that very spot, the beast would be gone. How it moved so silently and swiftly within the leaves and thick forests of the ancient island might baffle him. As for how it had gotten here. The feather that was usually left behind in some cases that no echidna zoologist could identify, presumed to belong to their new...deadly resident. A winged creature. It could have easily have flown onto the island and taken up residence.

With a soft and quick breath he had stalked the two echidnas...merely out of his own curiosity. Ears pinned up while he listened to the scrambling panting and panicked sounds that came from the white furred one. Then flicking again to focus onto the bearer of red. How his chest rose and fell, a subtle growl always being exhaled between tanned lips. Angered over something...something that the demon didn't quite understand yet. Then again he understood little about the squid headed things...only that they tasted delectable. Meat and muscle...even the fur held a buttery taste within his mouth.

Easiest of prey also. How they squirmed and cried out in terror when they were cornered, as if they were giving in already....giving up their lives. Pathetic to say the least. But he has been born...raised within the confines of a world far more deadly than this one. It had been incredibly disorienting upon his first arrival...arrival that was still fogged over in his mind. The details of how he came to be here on this alien world was beyond him, even in his own understanding of black magic...and the arts of the elements. Not that he minded all too much...things were so much easier on this world, far more amusing. How he watched these things move. Watching the white furred one scramble and crash through the forest...and the red one being only louder. Leaving a path of minor destruction to the plant life.

With a flick of his tail he continued to stalk after them...a canine poking out of his lips as they pulled back in a smirk. Eyes narrowing, pupils thinning. His slender form snaking through the trees with silent grace. In a sparked rush he lunged forwards. Delving through flashes of green as leaves blew past him. Wings tucked down into his body only to flare out at the last second...

To the horror of the white and wounded echidna his greatest fear yet, almost out of nowhere...blasted out of the tree canopies and onto the path before him. Those red eyes staring straight into the smaller echidna...right through him. That gaze...locked and solid, unwavering. Much like a predator off of those documentaries.

What was Zachary going to do now?
Traconian
Traconian
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Zachary Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:54 pm

He crashed and stumbled through the thick forest, cursing whatever god's stupid idea it was to create vines and roots and the like. He panted as he ran, looking over his shoulder, hoping, praying that he wouldn't suddenly catch a glimpse of a red shape chasing after him.

He heard a crash as a spray of leaves fell straight in front of him, and something landed gracefully on the dirty, leafy ground. He skidded to a halt, stared at the thing in front of him. It had the markings of a leopard, with mottled browns and tans and black spots and white fur... and - were those wings on its back? The creature bared its incredibly sharp fangs and glared at him with steady, piercing red eyes, emanating an aura of power and strength.

So this must be the infamous leopard creature on the island. Deadly, he knew, and fast, and strong. His breathing, his pulse slowed, the throbbing in his head died down. He was wounded, practically defenceless, Knuckles was behind him, and before him was this deadly creature. But even wounded and chased, he could still outsmart a beast.

Slowly, very slowly, he reached over and pulled off his cannon, never taking his eyes off the beast, making no sudden moves that would make it feel threatened. He had examined it earlier, when he had had a few seconds cowering in his hole - the barrel was crunched, the wires sparked, but it was still usable, in a sense. It wouldn't release a burst like he wanted, but...

He pressed a button on it, then softly rolled it toward the beast. 3... 2... 1... Boom.

The cannon exploded in a burst of heat and light. As soon as it went off, he started running, feeling the intense heat of the blast on his back. The beast by now was probably stunned, or, if it was resourceful - which he knew it probably was - had somehow survived the blast and was gaining bearings, looking for a creature to hunt. Knuckles would be drawn to the explosion, what with the light, noise, and black smoke curling into the sky. The spreading fire now would destroy the trail - heck, it would destroy the island - and maybe give him enough time to either reach the city or set another trap.

As he felt the incredible pain in his arm and head return, he smirked. The fear of Knuckles, an immortal being with power above others of his race, and the paranoia of the hunt had deadened him to all other senses, even the immense pain he endured which did the same thing. But as he felt that return, so also came a sense of control. Maybe the tables had turned. True, he was still afraid of his fate, should he be caught, but not to excessive levels.

Pieces of shrapnel flew around him. He paused and examined one that dropped in his path. It was about four inches long, hot and warped from the explosion and seemed to have enough of a point to cut - not lethally, but perhaps to cut thin vines or roots. He picked it up, uncaring as the blazing, twisted metal seared his skin at touch, and looked back at what he had made.

"Your move."

(It's a POST. Bam.)
Dr. Zachary
Dr. Zachary
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum